Paul said he would "support the nominee" but wouldn't say he would vote for Trump if he wins it.
WOLF BLITZER: You don't think Donald Trump is qualified to be president of the United States?
SEN. RAND PAUL: You know, I don't think so. I think what we're seeing from him is sophomoric, sort of junior high diatribes at other candidates and in fact I think they're silly. I just don't see anything serious about what he's proposing. When he says Mexicans will pay for the wall and then he says he's going to be tough and he's so smart because he's so rich, I don't think they always equate with each other. I think if he wants to prove to us that he's so smart, it's not because he's rich, it's because of what are the proposals he has. What are the proposals that he has for America? And I'm more than happy to go mano a mano and let's have a debate.
BLITZER: If he is the Republican presidential nominee, could you see yourself voting for him?
PAUL: I've said that there are certain candidates I would be less than enthusiastic to support. Even if I were to win with 60% of the vote, I need the other 40% that disagree with me. In the Republican debate, the winner may have 20%, or30%, maybe going through the primaries. I won't be excited about Donald Trump. I think he would cause our party to be the biggest loss since 1964. So, I'll be very, very disappointed. I won't be enthusiastic about it. But I've said before I would support the nominee.
BLITZER: So you would actually not just support but vote for Donald Trump, go into the polling booth and actually push that little lever, and say that Donald Trump should be the next president.
PAUL: The polling booth is still secret. But, no, I've said I'll support the nominee and I will but I'm going to do everything possible within my power over the next six months to make sure Donald Trumps' not the nominee. I think he would be a disaster for the country.