Monday, January 23, 2017

Gavin Polone on 'A Dog's Purpose' Outcry, What Really Happened and Who's to Blame

The film's producer (and a THR columnist) explains the controversial video showing alleged on-set abuse, the precautions that were taken, the failure of a watchdog group and PETA's role in sensationalizing the scandal to serve its own cause.

Like you, I’m sure, I was appalled when I saw the video, shot on the set of A Dog’s Purpose in Winnipeg in October 2015, of a dog trainer trying to coerce a frightened German Shepard into a pool. Unlike you, the terrible feeling engendered by that video was heightened for me because I am the producer of that film and because much of my identity is fused with the belief that I am a lover and defender of animals and their welfare.




No comments:

Post a Comment